A lot has changed since my last update. The title is now SYMBIOSIS; the wires now go through the hole at the bottom of the vases; the ‘soil’ filling is now paper shreds of a dictionary; a metal circular stand is added onto the bottom; and lastly, pieces of paper are glued on the outside.
The critique went fairly well. There was a lot of positive feedback with the exception of the graduate which suggested I play more on making it more ‘industrial’ to enhance my concept. He said the circular glass and paper makes it very polished, which is not conveying what I want. I decided to not change this because I feel like making it more industrial will make it very messy (like the scraps of circuitry I tried before). Another criticism was the blanket I used for the table cloth. I obviously didn’t want that but I couldn’t purchase a proper table cloth the night before so I just did what I could with what I had at hand.
The last flower did not make it to the critique because the last vase actually shattered.